Wednesday 21 September 2016

The heart wants what it wants



“You’re crazy”, he said when she said something funny.” No, I speak out my heart sometimes”, she replied honestly “You don’t really care what people think about you, do you?”, he questioned mocking her.  “Never have, never will”, she said smiling, gladly jumping over a puddle, in the most childish manner. The sunset was beautiful, birds were chirpy, a fading rainbow, a slow walk. “Your bizarre reactions take me by surprise at times. Things that you do out of the blue. Like this jumping and smiling to yourself all the time”, he said after thinking for a few moments, then he smiled, “ but I like it.” She returned a smile, walking her normal pace. “Tell me something about you that I don’t know”, he asked with curiosity in his eyes.


“I go crazy rarely and with some very specific people. I do what my heart desires. I know I should listen to my mind, but my hearts always rules over my mind. I listen to people, I seek advises, but I find myself doing what my heart craves for.  Sometimes I even end up scolding myself for screwing around, and not following my mind’s instructions”, she said thinking out loud. “The heart wants what it wants”, he stated. “Where the heart gets what it wants. Winning the battles from my mind, and doing things knowing I’ll only hurt myself more, going with the flow, sometimes even regretting, but making me do what it wants”, she answered pondering slightly. “Don’t let it rule your mind then”, he pointed out. She smiled and said, “If I won’t do what my heart wants then who will? And I can survive darkness and shadows if I get to dance in the rain every once in a while. ” He thought over and asked, “All this for few minutes’ happiness?” She looked him in the eyes, smile filling her eyes, and spoke, “All this for what it’s worth, for my brave heart. Because the heart wants what it wants.” He smiled thinking over what she said and said, “You’re utterly absurd.” She laughed and said, “I know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment